What does having ‘abundance’ in your life mean to you?
It’s an interesting word because 9 times out of 10, the reply I get is centred around having more MONEY.
The emphasis is about the desire to create more wealth.
We rarely focus on all the other areas of our lives where we can create ‘more.’
For example, an abundance of health, love, support, friendship or even fun!
Maybe we feel that by growing our bank balance, we will automatically grow these other areas too.
But the Universe and the Law of Attraction doesn’t work in such a linear or segmented way.
The Universe isn’t able to distinguish between your desires for more money and the desire for growth.
It only understands growth.
This is probably the biggest misconception people have about attracting more money in to their lives.
They focus just on the money.
If we want to create a ‘very large quantity of something,’ we have to focus on growth itself, in all it’s aspects….simultaneously.
When we ignore one area, we actually ignore them all.
This is why in coaching I make my clients work just as hard on creating self-care routines, getting support and having fun in their lives, as I do on ‘selling.’
It is also the reason I hold a certification in life coaching, because an imbalance in your personal life, directly affects your ability to make money.
And here’s the SUPER DUPER CLEVER bit.
The link between money, health, love, support and friendship is an intricate one that’s totally unique to you.
Patterns that happen in one area will often replicate in another.
So the patterns we have in our spending are often similar to the patterns we create in our relationships, or our health or our ability to accept support, make social connection and have fun.
If you desire to make more money, identifying the links between these areas will help you transform them quicker.
Understanding this is the key to transforming your money story.
Don’t believe me? Well test this out!
Transform Your Money Story
1. What is your Money Pattern?
Can you identify with any of these statements?
- I’m a chronic over spender.
- I always have ‘just enough’ money.
- I feel guilty when I spend money.
- I’m always in debt.
- I’d rather not think about money at all….it stresses me out!
- I am a yo-yo spender – I binge spend then I don’t spend at all.
2. Are there any other areas of your life where the same pattern shows up?
Eg. In your health, your love life, your support network or your social life?
So for example:
- A yo-yo spender might also be a yo-yo dieter.
- Someone who feels guilty about spending money, might also feel guilty about asking for support or spending time on themselves.
- Someone who is always in debt, might also see a complete ‘lack’ in other areas…maybe they are single and have been looking for love for a long time. Or have a chronic health condition.
- An over spender might also overindulge in other areas that aren’t so healthy.
If you desire to attract more money in to your life, you need to identify your other ‘weak’ areas and focus on changing them too.
Everything is connected!
Wishing you a fun-filled, love-fuelled, collectively abundant week!
If you would like more mindset tips, click HERE.
|P.S. If you haven’t already, follow me on Facebook HERE|